Are you celebrating this graduation season? Be careful not to overlook some special, deserving people. Three communities to give their props include:
1. Those Who Got Us Here
If you’re a graduate (or just a classy person), there are lots of people you might stop and thank today, including:
- Mom & Dad, step-parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and siblings
- Teachers, choir directors, coaches, tutors, guidance counselors
- Youth workers, mentors, role models, employers, and your dog
A single text, social media tribute, card, phone call or hug can go a long way.
2. Those Who Taught You about Life
- to build sand castles, to love music, to be artistic, to throw a ball
- to fish, to climb, to love a certain author/actor/recording artist
- to cook, to work hard, to savor life, to take a stand, to love Jesus
Think about something you love. Chances are you were introduced to that something by someone. Raise a toast to them.
3. You (Yes, YOU!)
Didn’t see that one coming, right? But you should definitely stop and celebrate your own efforts and achievements at least quarterly. Monthly, weekly, or daily is even better. So what progress have you made in this year so far? In our “Get Your Business Done!” Life Coaching Course, we teach you E-S-T, which stands for:
Savor. Encourage yourself in what’s going well. Catch yourself doing something right. Even small, incremental wins count. Share your successes with me and our community in the Comments box below.
Tweak. Make adjustments as needed. Perhaps your goal was a little overly optimistic; if so, make your goal more doable. Or you may feel you need to raise the bar. A small adjustment can make a big difference.
I celebrate you today. My coaching practice and pastoral work have never been more rich, fun, and fulfilling. Thank you. I’m really happy and blessed and you’re a big reason why.
A Final Word…
Would you stop and update me on how you are and your successes this far into 2017?
- What goals have you accomplished in 2017?
- Why were these goals important to you?
- Who or what helped you get that business done?
lots of love…keep in touch…may your joy be full,